- Product Reviews
FE 898, Maxim Multi Fix Plastic Repair Epoxy
Fiberglass Evercoat's Maxim Multi Fix plastic repair is a two component epoxy repair material that provides speed, incredible strength and sandability. Maxim utilizes a fast setting epoxy polymer that simplifies the plastic repair process by eliminating the need for substrate identification and plastic adhesion promoters. Maxim Multi Fix Plastic Repair is ideal for fixing tears, nicks and gouges in plastic parts and other quick fix applications.
Salesman Note: FE 898 Maxim Multi Fix Plastic Repair does not require the use of a special applicator gun. Maxim uses a standard manual caulk gun for dispensing.
Maxim Multi Fix Plastic Repair Procedure:
- Clean damaged area with warm water and soap. Dry with clean virgin cloth.
- Prep area with a good quality grease and wax remover. (Apply directly to a wiping cloth and then wipe the surface to minimize absorption to the repair area).
- Dry thoroughly.
- Featheredge with 180 grit sandpaper. (DA Sander or by hand)
- Re-clean using same methods above.
- Apply Maxim Multi Fix Plastic Repair material and spread over entire area using a plastic spreader. Apply ample down pressure to ensure that sand scratches are filled and adhesion is achieved. Work Time is 4-6 minutes.
- After Maxim has dried 20 minutes you can featheredge the entire repair with 180 grit until level with adjacent area.
- If further filling is required Maxim Plastic Repair can be used as a cosmetic repair material.
- Allow final coat to dry a minimum of 30 minutes before applying Primer or paint.