- Product Reviews
SEM 13003, High Gloss Clear Coat, Vinyl Paint
- 12 oz Aerosol Can
- Covers Approximately 10 square feet
The SEM 13003, High Gloss Clear Coat, Vinyl Paint is designed to restore or change the gloss level of vinyl and plastic. It is used specifically to refinish vehicle interiors and motorcycle seats. It is very simple to use and is quick to dry. High Gloss Clear Coat is very elastomeric and will not crack.
SEM Color Coat Surface Preparation:
- Clean, Clean, Clean!!! I can't stress enough how the surface being sprayed must be Very clean!! Use Hot Soapy water wherever you can. Using SEM 39362 SEM Soap scrub the surface and rinse with water. Blow dry or towel dry then clean the surface with SEM 38343 Vinyl Prep or SEM 38353 Plastic Prep. If the surface isn't clean the product won't stick.
- For plastic surfaces you will need to use a plastic adhesion promoter. SEM 39863 Flexible Bonding Clear or SEM 38363 Sand Free both work well. Apply per manufacturer instructions.
- Color Coat may then be applied in light even coats. Several light coats work, with 5-10 minutes between coats, much better than one heavy coat.
- Product will be dry to touch in approximately 10 minutes. The substrate should not be subject to heavy abuse or abrasion for a 24 hour period minimum.