SEM 15243, Satin Black, Color Coat Vinyl Paint
- 12 oz Aerosol Can
- Covers Approximately 10 square feet
The SEM 15243, Satin Black, Color Coat Vinyl Paint is designed to restore or change the color of vinyl, carpet, properly prepped and primed metal, velour, and plastic. It is used to refinish vehicle interiors and motorcycle seats. All Color Coats are very simple to use and quick to dry. They are very elastomeric and will not crack.
SEM Color Coat Surface Preparation:
- Clean, Clean, Clean!!! I can't stress enough how the surface being sprayed must be Very clean!! Use Hot Soapy water wherever you can. Using SEM 39362 SEM Soap scrub the surface and rinse with water. Blow dry or towel dry then clean the surface with SEM 38343 Vinyl Prep or SEM 38353 Plastic Prep. If the surface isn't clean the product won't stick.
- For plastic surfaces you will need to use a plastic adhesion promoter. SEM 39863 Flexible Bonding Clear or SEM 38363 Sand Free both work well. Apply per manufacturer instructions.
- Color Coat may then be applied in light even coats. Several light coats work, with 5-10 minutes between coats, much better than one heavy coat.
- For added protection or change of sheen, apply one of Sem's clear coats. SEM 13003 High Gloss, SEM 13013 Satin Gloss, or SEM 13023 Low Luster.
- Product will be dry to touch in approximately 10 minutes. The substrate should not be subject to heavy abuse or abrasion for a 24 hour period minimum.